There is nothing better than an English garden in the summer and Trex, the eco-friendly decking brand, is encouraging homeowners to make the most of their outdoor living spaces this year with decks, patios or even terraces. Bryan Fairbanks, a spokesperson from Trex, has put together some easy-to-follow tips to encourage others to transform a basic backyard into an outdoor oasis to be enjoyed:
- Maximize your space: Think about how and for what occasions you are most likely to use your outdoor space, will it be for family lunches, entertaining friends or as an area of relaxation? With this in mind, design it for both function and comfort, and include a dedicated area for relaxing bbq’ing, dining and socialising. Add tall potted plants and built-in planter pots for added function and style.
- Make materials matter: If you want to spend more time enjoying – rather than maintaining – your deck, choose low-maintenance materials that need only a soap and water cleaning to retain their enduring good looks. As Trex is a capped wood-alternative decking, it resists fading, stains, scratches and mold growth due to an exclusive protective shell and high-traffic formulation – even after years of spills, splashes and mishaps. Perfect as an all-year-round decking
- Design with distinction. Consider how your space interacts with the environment and use that as inspiration when designing your deck. Select a style and color scheme that complements your home’s exterior and reflects its natural surroundings. Go online and experiment with resources such as the Trex Deck Designer and Deck Visualizer tools to see how your outdoor living elements can be integrated.
- Add flair with finishing touches. Today’s homeowners are customizing their outdoor living spaces to reflect their personal interests and preferences. However, if you are working with a tight budget, try adding vibrant pillows or tropical plants for fun pops of color and personality.
– Prices start from £75m² including VAT (tax) and secret fixings
– For more information about Trex products and to find local dealers, visit www.trex.com/uk
Here are some of our editor’s top picks for decking and patio guides: